Code Of Conduct
- Fighting exploitation is the primary goal of Seagull International. Candidate is shown all recruitment details signed by the CMD to ensure highest level of transparency.
- Candidates are Informed about recruitment charges set by Government of Nepal and also If free verbally and in written so candidate need not required to pay further before Interview and also upon selection.
- Candidate must report to Seagull Management If additional money asked by anyone for free recruitment or more than allowed by Government of Nepal. Seagull terminates people involved in taking additional money.
- Group Briefing- Candidates are briefed about exploitation and about free recruitment and recruitment with charges, additional money asked by anyone to be informed to Seagull three times by Vice-President, General Manager and Operation Manager, Senior Managers will investigate and report to CEO or CMD. Strictest action will be initiated, and money will be returned to candidate before the departure.
- Under no circumstance, Seagull will conduct interviews in centres that are not owned and operated by Seagull.
- In case a need arises for third-party location, permission must be taken from the CMD .
- "FREE RECRUITMENT" board must be displayed in English and local language at interview location if recruitment is free. All candidate must be explained in no less than 3 times that the recruitment is free of all charges.
- Seagull employees are authorized to interact with prospective candidates for recruitment and not any sub- agent or third party supplier. Each Seagull Employee must wear his/her ID at all time during interaction with the candidate.
- No members other than the employees of Seagull should be allowed inside the testing area.
- Seagull strictly do not entertain or use any third party or sub agents for its recruitments.
General Code of Conduct
- The applicant has fair chance at appointment (equal opportunity for equal ability; the organization will choose based on suitability with respect to the position) .
- The applicant will be given full details of requirement and level within the organization. Organization will request applicant to provide necessary details to assess suitability for the position.
- The information provided by the applicant will be treated as confidential by keeping privacy with due care; information available on internet and information obtained from third parties is not always reliable; if an applicant submits a written complaint to the organization concerning negligent, unfair or incorrect treatment, the organization will respond to that complaint in writing.
- Applicant should have clear idea of application procedure to be followed. Any kind of changes in procedure to be communicated to applicant. The applicant may request that the procedure be deviated from if there is reason to do so.
- The code applies to a procedure that is directed towards filling a vacancy within an organization and for which the recruitment of candidates takes place by a) public announcement such as advertisement in public (social) media and unsolicited applications b) within a restricted circle, such as through acquaintances or family, the work placement branch of the Employee Insurance Agency, notice boards, internal recruitment.
- In addition to the relevant Job description, the recruitment profile will state the method of application, the information to be provided by the applicant (such as education, diplomas, employment history and experience), any additional selection procedures and methods (such as psychological test/assessment), a pre-employment medical examination, a mandatory examination of personal history and the term within which the application must be submitted.